To add live captions to a Zoom meeting:
- Open a Zoom meeting
- From the bottom toolbar, choose the CC icon where it reads Live Transcript
- You will now see a pop-up box that appears as follows. Choose Live Transcript – Enable Auto-Transcription.
- This feature, will automatically allow a transcript to run at the bottom of your Zoom screen. Since the transcript is created via ai, the wording may not be accurate. Tips for making it more accurate are to use a microphone that allows for a more clear transcription, or, manually edit the transcript when you are through recording the meeting.
- If you do not receive an option for Live Transcript in your pop-up box, then you will need to reset your Zoom parameters. To do so, complete the following instructions:
- Log into uncsa.zoom.us - https://uncsa.zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming
- Make sure you are on the Meetings page
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to Closed captioning
- Make sure the box is turned on and showing Blue. Choose reset.
- Also, make sure you check the box for “enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting.